Pork with Ginger and Vegetables
By Ralph Kratzer
The important thing in my little series of recipes called “summer kitchen” is that your time in the kitchen is limited to a minimum and the dishes are light and easy to digest.
Enjoy the summer and happy cooking!
700 g pork fillet, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
2 tbsp wine vinegar
150 g baby corn cobs, halved
1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
150 g zucchini (courgette), halved and thinly sliced
150 g carrots, thinly sliced
- combine pork, ginger, coriander and vinegar in a bowl, cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok, stir-fry pork until it is browned. Put aside.
- Heat more oil in the same pan or wok, stir-fry corn cobs, mangetout, zucchini, carrots and red pepper until tender. Put aside in a bowl.
- Return pork to the pan or wok, add soy sauce to taste (2 to 3 tbsp is enough), heat through. Add cooked vegetables and heat the whole lot tossing gently.
- Goes well with Asian style egg noodles or just fresh baguette.