with Aubergine and Balsamic Vinaigrette
By Ralph Kratzer
The important thing in my little series of recipes called “summer kitchen” is that your time in the kitchen is limited to a minimum and the dishes are light and easy to digest.
Enjoy the summer and happy cooking!
1 medium aubergine (eggplant), coarsely chopped
1 medium red onion, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and sliced
fresh mint leaves
for the vinaigrette
60 ml balsamic vinegar
125 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp mustard
- Vinaigrette: combine all ingredients for the dressing in a screw-top shaker, shake well, put aside.
- Place aubergine (eggplant) in a colander, sprinkle all over with salt. Stand for 5 minutes, then rinse under cold water, drain and dry with kitchen paper towels.
- In the meantime cook the lamb fillets in a large frying pan until browned and suitable to your taste. Stand for 5 minutes and cut into thick slices.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan, fry aubergine until browned and tender.
- Place lamb and aubergine in a large bowl together with the cheese, onion and tomatoes. Drizzle all with the vinaigrette and toss gently to combine.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves on top.
- Goes well together with fresh baguette and a glass of dry red wine.
Categories: Chef's Choice