Tuna Steak in hot and spicy Marinade
By Ralph Kratzer
The important thing in my little series of recipes called “summer kitchen” is that your time in the kitchen is limited to a minimum and the dishes are light and easy to digest.
Enjoy the summer and happy cooking!
4 fresh tuna steaks
for the marinade
2 tspn freshly grated ginger (alternatively ginger powder)
1 tspn curry powder
1 tspn chilli powder
60 ml brown vinegar
60 ml tomato paste
250 ml dry white wine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add tuna steaks to the marinade, cover and put it in the fridge overnight.
- Next day remove the fish from the marinade, dab them with kitchen paper towels.
- Fry the fish steaks in an oiled fluted grill pan, on a grill plate or on the grill/bbq until browned, turn only once during cooking. Put them on platters.
- Serve decorated with quarters of fresh lemon and a bowl of fresh lettuce or salad.
Note: Uncooked marinated fish is suitable to freeze.
Categories: Chef's Choice