Asian Style Pork with Noodles
By Ralph Kratzer
The important thing in my little series of recipes called “summer kitchen” is that your time in the kitchen is limited to a minimum and the dishes are light and easy to digest.
Enjoy the summer and happy cooking!
Ingredients (serves 4)
500 g Asian instant eggnoodles
500 g pork fillet, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 spring onions, thinly sliced
200 ml beef stock
60 ml sweet chilli sauce
2 tspn fresh lemon juice
400 g deep frozen Asian style stir-fry vegetables
- Place eggnoodles in a large pot, pour with boiling water, stand until just tender (follow time information on the package), drain properly. Put aside.
- Place deep frozen veggies in a large pan or wok, stir-fry as referred on the package. Put aside.
- Heat oil in the same frying pan or wok, stir-fry pork until browned. Put aside.
- Heat more oil in the same pan or wok, add onions and garlic, stir-fry until onions are soft.
- Add the beef stock, peanut butter, chilli sauce and lemon juice, simmer uncovered for about 1 minute. Return pork meat together with the vegetables and eggnoodles, cook while stirring until the whole lot is hot.
- Sprinkle some fresh slices of spring onions on the top and serve hot.