Beef Salad with Potatoes
and Blue Cheese Dressing
By Ralph Kratzer
The important thing in my little series of recipes called “summer kitchen” is that your time in the kitchen is limited to a minimum and the dishes are light and easy to digest.
Enjoy the summer and happy cooking!
Ingredients (serves 4)
500 g baby potatoes, cut into quarters
300 g baby corn cobs, halved
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
100 g parsley
60 ml olive oil
2 gloves garlic, crushed
60 ml orange juice
60 g blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220° C, drizzle potatoes with oil and roast them on a baking tray until slightly browned and tender (about 20 min). Put them aside.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, stir well.
- Fry the steaks in an oiled fluted grill pan (or on the grill/bbq) until browned both sides. Let them stand for 5 minutes on a covered plate.
- In the meantime boil the corn cobs until just tender, drain thoroughly. (If you use pre-cooked canned ones, just drain them).
- Slice the steaks thinly and combine them with the potatoes, tomatoes, the corn cobs and the dressing in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Serve with fresh parsley on top.