Hellim/Halloumi Cheese Ravioli
The cheese is white, with a distinctive layered texture, similar to mozzarella and has a salty flavour.
Traditional Hellim/Halloumi is made from unpasteurised sheep and goat milk.
6 cups flour (1/2 wholemeal flour and 1/2 plain flour)
pinch of salt
warm water to make the dough firm
2 mature and 1 fresh Hellim/Halloumi cheese, grated
– Prepare the dough. Cover and let it stand for 1 hour.
– Mix well all the ingredients for the filling.
– Cut dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface.
– Place remaining pasta sheet over filling. Press firmly between filling and cut with round cutter.
– Sprinkle ravioli with a little flour.
– The ravioli are best kept in the freezer if they are not going to be cooked immediately, otherwise boil in chicken stock and serve with grated Hellim/Halloumi cheese mixed with some dry mint.
Categories: Chef's Choice