Beef Ravioli – Kaloirka
1 kg plain flour
pinch of salt
1/2 kg minced beef
1 onion finely chopped
parsley finely chopped
corn oil (or sunflower oil)
– Add salt, pepper and 4-5 tablespoons water and simmer.
– When the minced meat is nearly cooked, add the parsley. Remove from the heat when cooked and place the minced meat in a strainer to cool.
– Prepare the dough. Put the flour in a bowl and add some salt. Add the water slowly and knead until the dough is firm.
– Cover with a tea towel and stand for an hour.
– Roll out the dough and cut into little square pieces (5X5cm).
– Place on one corner of each square some of the minced meat mixture and fold in a triangle. – Bring the tips of the triangle together over the centre and press firmly to seal.
– Heat some chicken stock in a saucepan and boil the Kaloirka.
– When cooked remove from the stock and sprinkle with grated hellim cheese.