By Ahmet Abdulaziz….
In cooperation with the Department of Health, Culture and Sports and the Yoga Federation of Turkey, the Near East University hosted the “World Dance Championship, WADF” at the Atatürk Culture and Congress Centre, Lefkosa.
According to the press information released by the Near East University Press and Public Relations Directorate, the Hip WADF World Dance Championship was held with enthusiastic participation of the audience in Hip hop, Show Latin, Social Latin Dance, Thertal Dance, Latin and Standard Dance, Latin Solo Dance, Yoga Agana Ladies and Yoga Agana Men’s categories.
At the end of the competition, the winners received their awards from Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hakan Atamtürk, Head of Department of Culture and Sports, Hasan Senin, President of the Sports Federation For Everyone, and Muharrem Aydoğan, President of Turkey Yoga Federation.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Atamtürk stated that in order to adopt the culture of dance competition in our country in the later periods more organizations will be hosted in a much more participatory manner.
Winners of the Competition
1. Cranberries Dance Studio2. Unity Dance Crew
|Social Latin Dance Category:
1. Nezihe Erken & Sergen Özbay2. Paras Hyper & Seray Selan3. Mertcan Yılmaz & Ayşe
|Latin and Standard Dance Category :
1. Kravets Maksym & Popova Maria2. Alisya Özkoççatlı & Hasan Murat Sirhan3. Yurdanur Karavezirler & Çağan Ecevit4. Nisan Asşehitoğlu & Ersin Serdarlılı
|Yoga Agana Females’ Category :
1. Birsen Özışık2. Bajacaz Emine Hordan3. İsminaz Bekta
|Show Latin Category:
1.Sergen Özbay Dance Studio2. NEU Dance School
|Thertal Dance Category:
1. Laren Hastunç
|Latin Solo Dance Category:
1. Rishko Andrey2. Silenco Tetiana
|Yoga Agana Males’ Category:
1. Naseh Samadi