The Ministry of Tourism and Environment held a “North Cyprus Tourism Strategy 2024 Workshop” on 6th and 7th July.
Prime Minister Tufan Erhürman, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Kudret Özersay, Interior Minister Ayşegül Baybars, Minister of Tourism and Environment Fikri Ataoglu, Minister of Labour and Social Security Zeki Çeler, and Ministry of Tourism Undersecretary Ismet Esenyel, attended.
Tourism and Environment Minister Fikri Ataoglu stated that Tourism Strategy will be formed in the tourism sector in the framework of the common objectives of the public and private sectors with the aim of cooperating and providing initiatives for the management and application of the work. The main objective is to provide a road map to the sector, he said. Minister Ataoglu stated that they will form a dynamic framework, not a directive but a static one, as a result of the work. “What to do? and underlined the need for detailed answers to the questions.
Former ministers, undersecretaries, principals and industry representatives working in the Ministry of Tourism were invited to the Tourism Strategy 2024 Workshop to cooperate to make the workshop more productive.
The workshop, which was for two days, aimed to establish the basic parameters of a Tourism Strategy Plan as a State Policy with the contribution of all sector units, institutions and organizations that have a common denominator for tourism.
In line with these objectives, the internal and external operational processes that will constitute the strategy document, the implementation of the effects and the planning strategy results were discussed.
Following the workshop, the ideas obtained will be transformed into texts, and the preparation of action plans will be made to be passed.
The 2024 Strategic Tourism Plan was to enable the image of tourism, which will be drawn especially in the North Cyprus destination sense, to have a stronger structure.
In the Tourism Strategy 2024 Workshop, 5 different moderators and 5 different teams worked on 5 different topics.
1) Tourism Statistics as the Situation Analysis, Laws, Regulations, Emirates, Organization Structure, Tourism Organization, State and Tourism Relations, Tourism as a State Policy, Tourism as a Locomotive Sector.
2) Under the heading SWOT Analysis; Potential, Opportunities, Threats, Strengths, Weaknesses.
3) Under the topic of Targets; Vision, Mission, Number of Target Tourists, Target Destinations, Promotion Policies, Promotion-Marketing Policies, Regional Tourism, Competition in Southern Cyprus, Target Tourist Profile, Northern Cyprus Brand, Sustainability and Environment.
4) Under the title of Product Positioning; What kind of tourism, What are we selling?, Who are we?, Tourism assets, Cultural heritage, Events (Festivals, concerts, events), City presentation, Museums.
5) The fifth and final topic is Internal Tourism and Transportation; Tourism Consciousness, Education, Internal Transportation, External Transportation, Sea-ways.