By Trevor Hughes……
TRNC Driving Licence
Listed below are the latest driving licence application and renewal costs. Note, if you have passed your driving test here, your first full licence can only be valid for one year, thereafter you can renew your licence from any of period options.
- 1 year 165 TL this is for newly passed drivers only
- 2 years 240 TL
- 3 years 325 TL
- 5 years 490 TL
- 10 years 815 TL
- Students 240 TL
- Replacement damaged or lost licence 120 TL
Changing the Engine in Your Car
If your car needs a replacement engine, you must follow the official procedure to avoid prosecution and even imprisonment.
- When you have sourced the engine, or the garage fitting it for you, you must obtain the KDV invoice from the importer.
- Take the invoice and all your car related documents to the main police station in Lefkosa. The officer dealing with your documents will hand you a form to complete (must be in blue ink). The names of both, you and your partner must be entered, to correspond with the log book. Failure to do so will mean the process must be repeated.
- Upon completion, take the form and associated paperwork to the Vehicle Registration Office in Lefkosa, located opposite the Merit hotel. The fitting of the new engine can now proceed. The engine will not need an MOT, but it will need a new emissions test.
- When this procedure has been followed, after two days take your vehicle to the Testing Station behind the police station in Girne. Hand over all the paperwork for checking. When they agree that all is in order, the paperwork will be handed back to you.
- Finally, return to the Vehicle Registration office in Lefkosa, hand over all the paperwork to the counter staff, the forms will be stamped, including the log book, and then you can go on your merry way.
- The only cost of all this, is for a new emissions test.
Personal Accident and Emergency Medical Cover
Capital Insurance now offers Personal Accident and Emergency Medical cover at extremely competitive prices. There are several options and will suit most pockets. The policies have more hospitals to choose from, including the services of a physiotherapist. Prices can be from as little as 110 TL.
Don’t chance it, get the cover you deserve.
Insurance Payments by Direct Debit
Insurance payments can now be paid by direct debit through Capital Insurance, spreading the cost for you. Payment can be up to six payments and NO hidden costs. Whilst you are making the payments you will also earn interest on your money at the same time, making the cost of insurance even cheaper. If saving money is of interest, why not call into the bank in Alsancak and find out more, you won’t be disappointed!!
Hearing Aid Discount
Capital Insurance customers can benefit from a 15% discount on all hearing aids and accessories, including hearing tests, from Mertcan, based in Lefkosa. His name is Mert and I have known him personally for some time and recommended him to many people, all of whom have been extremely satisfied with his service.
Why go to the UK in the hope that the NHS will supply/issue, or repair your hearing aid when the cost of supply through Mert is less than the cost of flight tickets? Your NHS appointment or consultation will more than likely be either cancelled or postponed?
You can contact him on 0392 227 9353 or 0533 850 5451 and his surgery is near the British High Commission in Lefkosa. He was trained in the UK so there is no language problem.
Classic Car Insurance
Capital Insurance are now offering three levels of Collision Waiver for classic cars. They are also offering their breakdown service for these cars should the need arise. The Company are market leaders in the insurance industry and offer more for less cost than any of their competitors.
TRNC MOT Dates for 2018
For any further information please email me through the contact box below.
[contact-form-7 id=”605543″ title=”Contact form 2″]