* 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
* Small piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
* 1 green pepper, sliced
* ½ medium aubergine, roughly diced
* ½ small cauliflower, chopped into florets
* 1 small potato, peeled and diced
* 2 tbsp Balti curry paste
* 1 vegetable stock cube
* Approx 25g creamed coconut
* Approx 6 large runner beans, topped and tailed and roughly chopped
* 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into florets
* Fresh baby spinach
* 2 -3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped plus extra to garnish
* Salt and black pepper
* Groundnut oil
* Basmati rice to serve
1. Heat a little groundnut oil in a pan and sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.2. Add the pepper and aubergine and cook for a further 5 minutes. Mix in the cauliflower, potato and curry paste and stir. Crumble the vegetable stock into a jug and add approx ½ litre of boiling water, mix well and pour this stock over the vegetables.
3. Grate the creamed coconut into the dish before adding the runner beans and broccoli; leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Season to taste before mixing through the baby spinach, add more water if necessary and allow to cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the runner beans and broccoli are tender.
5. Finally mix through the coriander and serve with rice. Garnish with a little extra coriander if desired.