By Chris Elliott…..
Living in a clean environment is a topic on most people’s lips in North Cyprus and many people try hard to help stem the rubbish issue by cleaning up rubbish left by people, the wind or the sea and on 6th May 2018 the Rotary Club of Kyrenia Cosmopolitan were at the Alagadi beach for yet another of their beach cleaning events and this is what they had to say.
We had another successful event in cooperation with Near East University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Students Club and Communication Club. This was also our last beach clean up event of the 2017-18 Rotary Year and we give special thanks to:
- Rtn Irene for organising the last two Beach clean up events
- Rtn Imren for taking part in organising the participation of the students and introducing us to Mr Ayhan Dolunay
- Mr Ayhan Dolunay for supporting our club and taking part in organising the participation of the students
- NEU Students Dean’s Office for their full support and also for providing sandwiches, refreshments and all transportation arrangements
- Mamulcuoglu Pastry and Enver Mamulcuoglu for providing savoury snacks for beach cleaners
- Turtle Paradise Restaurant for hosting us and supplying refreshments for the beach cleaners
Thanks to all our members, all 33 student from NEU, Friends of Rotary who joined us at today’s event and all others who took part in the organisation.
To read more visit Facebook Rotary Club of Kyrenia Cosmopolitan
Thank you message from Rotary Club of Kyrenia Cosmopolitan, President, Gultac Ozsan
Dear Fellow Rotarians,
Very successful Beach Clean Day at Turtle Beach, Alagadi today.
I would like to thank Irene Emmerzael and Rotarian Friend Caroline Houghton for the organisation of the Beach Clean, and also Imren Gurbasar for all the effort she has put in and supported the Beach Clean with 40 students from Near East University (the refreshments in the morning for the students have been provided by Near East University) . Our thanks to Mr Gokmen of Turtle Paradise Restaurant for providing the refreshments after Beach Clean..
Thanking those Club Members who participated and supported the day.