The Shakespeare House Military Band Concert has been in operation now since 2002. During this time the event has raised over 100,000 Euros for our chosen Charity – The Army Benevolent Fund (The Soldiers Charity)
This year’s Concert on Tuesday 8th May 2018 is being held once again (with the kind permission of His Excellency The British High Commissioner) at Shakespeare House in Nicosia. The band will be the Band of the Queens Division.
Attendance is strictly by INVITATION ONLY!! Tables are normally of 10 people but 12 at a push, 13 is NOT an option. We currently have a SMALL number of tables available for this auspicious occasion and would like to hear from anyone who would like to book a table – first come first served basis. Price is 15 Euros Per Person. Food and drink is not provided and it is for the guests to bring their picnic with them.
The evening begins about 1700 hrs where invited guests are welcomed into Shakespeare House. They will then eat and drink the food they have provided. Guests are invited to “Enter into the spirit of the night” and “Theme” their tables.
Outline of the evenings events…..
- 1700– Gates Open – Guests are led to their reserved tables and consume their food and drink.
- 1830 – 1900– Judging of best decorated table.
- 1930 – 2030 – Concert – First half.
- 2030 – 2050– Interval. Guests may wish to consume their dessert during this time. During the interval the result of the table competition will be announced.
- Now is the time to fill in your table envelopes if you wish to enter the prize draw – details of the prizes will be on your table.
- 2055 – 2135- Concert – Second half.
- 2135 – 2140– The draw for the prizes will take place.
- 2140 – 2200– Concert – Finale – The traditional roof raising numbers from the Last Night of the Proms when we will be invited to join in and considerable noise will be welcomed – bring your own flags.
- 2200 – 2300- The gardens will remain open for those still young at heart.
We normally have between 350 – 400 persons attending the evening – mainly the British Expat community from both North AND South Cyprus.
In attendance will be The British High Commissioner – His Excellency Mr Stephen Lillie and members of the British High Commission.
We also have attending members of HQ British Forces UN and other Nationalities serving with the UN in Cyprus – members of the UN Civilian Police Force and senior members of the British Forces Cyprus.
Shakespeare House is the British High Commissioner’s old residence and is situated on the North side of Nicosia. Hence persons travelling from The South will require passports and Car Insurance for the TRNC.
I am also looking for person(s) who would be so kind as to sponsor the evening or simply donate a raffle prize for our prize draw.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures courtesy of British High Commission, Nicosia – UK in Cyprus 2017