Making Your Own Mosquito Trap
On a recent visit to the North Cyprus Forum gardening section “In your Garden” click here we came across an interesting article on how to make your own Mosquito Trap.
How many of our readers have been bitten by those little horrors or other persistent little biters. Will it work, only you will know when you make one or perhaps look at some other ideas that were tested by the Huffington Post click here.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP
by Navek on 25 Jun 2014
North Cyprus Forum
- Cut the plastic bottle in half.
- Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
- Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
- Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the colour black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.