Friday 24th October heralds a weekend
of Pink October for Tulips!
By Carole King and Sue Tilt
This Friday (24th) is Pink Day and we are askiing that everyone wears something pink and donates 5TL to Tulips for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Don’t forget you can purchase one of our pink month t-shirts for just 12tl from a number of outlets (call 0542 870 2281 if you require details)
Banks, supermarkets, schools, bars, restaurants and other businesses are supporting this campaign so there will be plenty of opportunity for everyone to also support this campaign.
There are events on the following dates and venues:
1. Corner House in Ozankoy – are having a fun night with a pink quiz, pink cocktails and a prize for the best dressed in pink
2. Olive Press in Lapta – are having a Spot the Intro Quiz with prizes to be won and a raffle, come and test your knowledge and best of all have fun! Bookings required for this event on 0533 880 1196
3. Zumba at the Black Olive, Alsancak – starting at 9am with all fees being donated to Tulips
4. The Wild Duck in Lapta – going pink with a Pink Lunch starting at 12 noon
5. Cafe George in Girne – are going pink all day with coffee and cakes in the morning and pink entertainment planned in the evening
1. Corner House in Ozankoy – are having an afternoon tea with tarot card reading. There will be pink champagne, salmon sandwiches and plenty more on offer
1. Corner House in Ozankoy – Bikers Expo where we are hoping that many of the bikers will turn up in something pink. Live music is provided by Blue Tears and the whole event kicks off at 12 noon (finishing at 5pm’ish!)
There will be an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for our Pink Month raffle for 5TL giving you the opportunity to win one of the following:
2 nights all inclusive at the Salamis Bay Conti Hotel (double room)
1 night all inclusive at the Kaya Artemis (double room)
Ercan to Turkey return flight – Ankara Travel
Buy your t-shirts, key rings, wristbands and raffle tickets from our Tulips stall which will be opposite Cafe George on Friday 24th from 10.30am to 2pm.