The Foreign Residents in the TRNC (TFR)
Review of the Year 2013
by Ralph Kratzer
The year 2013 is now drawing to its close and I want to give you a brief recap of the activities of the TFR.
It´s lined up like pearls on a string.
I’ll start at the beginning of the year, all of the mentioned activities and events you can track on the website of the society by clicking here and then reading the individual topics (of course for the older articles you have to scroll back…! or use the “Search” facility).
TFR activities and events 2013:
- New Year Party 2012/2013
- Allan´s Birthday Party
- A friendly get-together at Lemba Restaurant
- Interview with Heinz and Ralph at BRT Family TV
- Visit to the Private Ethnographic Museum in Lefkosa
- Improvements to the International Cemetery in Lapta
- Soup Kitchen for the Karmi Cemetery Restoration Project
- First Bowling Cup of the Nations (should be repeated 7 times during the year!)
- A Plaque presented to the Mayor of Lapta
- Orchid Walk in Spring
- Karmi Coffee Morning
- Brian Self´s Art Exhibition
- Return to Uwe´s Garden mid of April
- Picture Gallery in Karmi
- Picnic in Pinarbasi
- Trip to Akincilar
- TFR put to the Sea!
- Trip to the Black Sea – what an event!
- 16th Annual General Meeting
- Autumn Party at Tommy Rognmo
- Oktoberfest at the Goethe-Institute
- Moroccan Nights at the Food Lodge
- Trip to Famagusta
- Christmas Dinner 2013 – unforgetable!
- Cleaning up at the Karaman Cemetery
- “Glögg” afternoon 2013
Not to forget our weekly “Stammtisch” get-together which always has 25 to 30 members attending!
I don´t think there are a lot of clubs in North Cyprus for foreign residents that offer so many occasions for their members to come together and enjoy the company of like-minded people!
In this sense, may all our readers have a Happy New Year!
To learn more about The Foreign Residents in the TRNC – click here