We receive many enquiries for information in response to our publications on Cyprusscene and below is the reply from my wife Mary to an enquiry about importing a car into the TRNC.
Thank you ,
I picked up your address in Cyprus Scene offering to help with importing my Audi A6 to North Cyprus.
- The car is 4 years old and I have owned it since new.
- I have a property in North Cyprus near Lapta, and have a proof of address form from the local Muktah and a local bank account with CreditWest.
- I am retiring full time in a couple of months to North Cyprus. I will get the car shipped direct from the UK to Famagusta.
- What documentation will I need to collect the car from Famagusta?
- Do I need to complete some local (north Cyprus) documentation before I ship the car?
- Do I need to pay anything up front in North Cyprus before I ship the car?
- What will I need to pay at the port to collect the car?
- Anything else to be aware of?
- I know about the local tax being due within 1 year,
Reply to enquiry:
- No problem as you are the only owner.
- When you go take these with you as proof.
- When the car has arrived here you will need to go to the importation department in Famagusta.
- Take all car, house. bank details with you, plus your driving licence and passport.
- No, but you will need third party insurance. No fully comprehensive until the car has been registered with TRNC number plates.
- You will need to pay at the port once the documentation ıs complete.
- You will need to get the car MOT’d here, the port will explain.
Be prepared for a frustrating run around. Patience is a virtue.
Once you are here you can contact me by phone on 0533 844 3403.
0533 886 2503
For our other readers, if you have any questions you wish to ask please send me details through the contact box below.
[contact-form-7 id=”605543″ title=”Contact form 2″]