December 9, 2023

By Richard Beale……….

Tatlısu’s awful start to the season continues as they capitulated to 4 second half goals and in the end were a well beaten team.

To cap a bad day they lost Goalkeeper Kurşat initially injured but red carded when being replaced. Tatlısu battled well in the first half but when the floodgates were open, they ended the match under a deluge.


Sunday February 18 : BTM League Red Group : Venue : Dortyöl Sahasi

Dortyöl SK v Tatlısu Seracıllar SK

This was my first ever visit to the Dortyöl Sahasi and my first impressions of the Stadium were very favourable. I was told that the Stadium was completed around a month ago, and the main stand would not be out of place in a higher division. With good refreshments and toilets it was a pleasure to be here for an 11.30am kick off. (In the bar by 1-30pm for drinks !). The synthetic surface was also very impressive and on a bright sunny day the Stadium was shown at its best. What was not good was the near gale force wind that cut across the pitch, which would prove difficult for both sets of players to contend with. The best way to play was to keep the ball on the deck, easier said than done as both teams tried their damndest to come to terms with adverse conditions.

In an uneventful first half Tatlısu showed great spirit to remain on level terms at the break. They restricted Dortyöl to a couple of long range efforts which were dealt with comfortably by the Tatlısu keeper Kurşat. The nearest Dortyöl came to scoring was an Ömer header that just cleared the bar in the 40th minute from an Ahmet Taser cross. HALF TIME SCORE : 0-0.

During the interval the strong wind at last abated a little. Dortyöl did not have to wait long before taking the lead in the 50th minute. A good run on the right from substitute Yunus ended with a near post cross, that TAHSIN managed to prod home before Tatlısu’s Barış could get in a challenge.- 1-0

Tatlısu Goalkeeper Kurşat, who sustained a groin injury in the first half, was becoming more and more immobile as the game wore on. In the 60th minute Dortyöl scored again, when a long clearance upfield should have been dealt with more effectively by Barış. However the tall defender hesitated, maybe put off by the breeze allowing TAHSIN to nip in between him and Kurşat to score his second goal. 2-0

The injured Kurşat signalled that he could not continue and called for a replacement. However on leaving the field, probably due entirely to frustration, the young keeper let off a torrent of abuse to his teammate Barış. To complete more humiliation on him he was red carded presumably for the use of foul language. With no replacement keeper on the bench,  defender Özal took over goalkeeping duties.

Dortyöl increased their lead in the 77th minute when YUNUS broke into the box and his shot took a deflection off a Tatlısu defender and into the net. 3-0.

Dortyöl’s final goal came in the 87th minute when Berat cut inside Hakan on the left and crossed to the far post for YUNUS to score easily. FULL TIME SCORE : 4-0


For Tatlısu, what can you say, there is no lack of effort from the team, but they are not playing as a team, just the odd individual cameos now and again.  Hopefully their luck will change, it just needs something to go in their favour and maybe they can turn their season around before it is too late.

Next Tatlisu. match: is Saturday 24th ko 11-30pm at Serdarli 14 Agustos Stadi.



Translate » to your language