Kyrenia Municipality Christmas
Bazaar and Cocktail Party
By Chris Elliott
I recently went along to a meeting held by the Kyrenia Municipality in the theatre of the Kyrenia Municipality Cultural Centre along with representatives of expatriate groups to be informed about the plans for a Christmas Bazaar and Cocktail Party to be held in Bariş Park Kyrenia on 23rd December 2014.
We list below a summary the points discussed at this meeting for those expatriate community representatives who were unable to attend this meeting so they can register their interest in participating with the Kyrenia Municipality.
For our local readers we will bring you more news of this event very soon.
- This year the Christmas bazaar & party is going to be held on Tuesday 23 December 2014 between 14:00- 22:00 at Girne Barış Park.
- All display tables are going to be provided by the municipality free of charge. The Committees and Organizations should inform the municipality’s public relation department about the amount of tables needed for each organization and activity by Monday the December 8th.
- The Committees and Organizations should submit their request and proposals for activities, dance, live music, DJ and others by Monday the December 8th so that the municipality can arrange all needed equipment and sound systems.
- The Committees and Organizations will be responsible for arranging and paying live bands.
- The Municipality will organize the Christmas bazaar and party program per information provided by the Committees and Organizations.
- Traditional Dance group of the Kyrenia Municipality will perform their dances that day as well.
- The Municipality will provide and serve wine, soft drinks, water, chips and mixed nuts.
- The Municipality will decorate Barış Park as part of Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.
- The Municipality invited all Committees and Organizations to the Open Public Meeting which will be held on 12-13 December 2014 at Girne Merit Park Hotel when they will be unveiling their plans for the future of Kyrenia and will be pleased to receive ideas and suggestions from the expatriate community..
For further information please contact Aysun Çelik (Cultural Events Organizer) at the Public Relations Department of the Municipality of Kyrenia.
We are showing below some pictures of previous Christmas events in Bariş Park for your enjoyment.