April 24, 2024

Photo courtesy of Alastair Simmons

The traditional service of Nine Lessons and Carols for Christmas took place in St. Andrew’s on Wednesday 21st December.

In spite of the atrocious weather conditions (heavy rain and strong winds) the congregation, together with Bishop Michael (who graciously braved the elements and crossed the mountains to be with us) enjoyed an evening of traditional carols and readings, telling through scripture and song of the birth and saving purposes of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The singing was enhanced by members of the Kyrenia Chamber Choir and accompanist Rauf Kasimov.

2group2
Left: Alastair and Fintan Simmons, Earl Moffit. Right: Revd Michael Graham, The ladies are Charlie Inskip and Hazel Turner, Both Photos courtesy of Alastair Simmons

Earl Moffitt, Musical Director of St. Andrew’s, produced the wonderful Order of Service and directed the choir.

Dr. Philip Ephraim (violin) Photo courtesy of Alastair Simmons

The soloists were Dr. Philip Ephraim (violin), Izzy and the Revd Mike Graham.

We were very fortunate to be joined by a fine young musician Fintan Simmons, on holiday with his parents, but who joined with the choir and played a magnificent organ voluntary at the end of the service.

1group1The service was introduced by the Chaplain, the Revd Wendy Hough and Bishop Michael pronounced the Benediction.

St Andrews HomeMulled wine and mince pies were enjoyed after the service.

3 thoughts on “News from St Andrew’s Church, Kyrenia 27-12-12

1. Whilst being very appreciative of the promotion, I would respectfully ask that you amend one of the above captions on the photograph of members of the choir at the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols at St. Andrew’s.
    Rt (Right) Revd (Reverend) is a title reserved for Bishops in the Anglican Church. I’m afraid I’m only a mere Revd. Unlike U.K. Armed Forces Commissioned Officers we aren’t able to move up a rank on retirement!
    Thank you.
    The (simply) Revd Michael Graham

2. Oops. I’ve just realised that the problem is caused by a missing colon after the word “Right”.
    Please add the colon and delete these comments.
    Thank you.

1. With sincere apologies – we were sent the photos with NO NAMES as to who was in this one so I had a battle to try and find someone to tell me who you all were! Thank you for your understanding. Kathy aka alikathy

Comments are closed.

GOOGLE Translate » to Russian or your chosen language

Discover more from CyprusScene.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

Discover more from CyprusScene.com

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading