By Chris Elliott……..
Day by day we are increasingly being asked at cyprusscene.com for help and advice about living in North Cyprus and very often the task of preparing replies is made difficult as the mother tongue here is Turkish and when researching on the internet, it is possible to make a translation by Google translate with at times very amusing results.
Publishing a wide variety of information on the internet in English for a worldwide readership by the TRNC Public Information Office is very good with news, reviews, information and photographs on the following links PIO website , PIO Facebook , PIO Twitter , PIO Instagram.
For expatriates and visitors, there is even a very helpful question and answer section which can be viewed individually by clicking on the links below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do foreign media members who want to work in the TRNC for a short period apply for the permission of accreditation and filming?
- What are the procedures that are required for journalists who bring devices with them?
- How can I get the necessary permits required to film places such as border crossings, air and sea ports?
- Where will foreign media members apply for arranging an interview with any state authorities?
- Which procedures will be applied to those who want to bring non-commercial livestock animals with them?
- Who can get a press card and how can I get it?
Life in the TRNC for Foreigners
- What are the visa regulations for foreigners traveling to the TRNC?
- What are requirements for traveling to the TRNC for the citizens of the Republic of Turkey?
- What are the requirements for the citizens of the European Union for travelling to the TRNC?
- What are the requirements for traveling to the TRNC for other nationalities?
- Which citizens have to obtain a visa prior to traveling to the TRNC?
- What are the visa regulations which apply to crossings from South Cyprus?
- How can a work permit be obtained in the TRNC?
- How can a visitor (residence) permit be obtained in the TRNC
- How are the registries of the work and residence permit owners’ children carried out in the schools in the TRNC?
- Can foreigners who have work permits and their dependent partners or children benefit from the healthcare system in the TRNC?
- Can foreigners buy Immovable Property in the TRNC?
- Can foreigners use motor vehicles on their touristic trip to the TRNC?
- Is a Driving Licence that belongs to foreign countries valid in the TRNC?
- Foreign Missions in the TRNC
Clearly the information given on the above links may prompt further questions which should be addressed to the appropriate authority and let’s hope that in the future, other TRNC Ministries will provide more information for a worldwide English speaking readership on their own websites and social media pages.