PROPOSED PROJECT – ANIMAL TREATMENT FACILITY PHASE 1
Refurbish/Change of use of room to Animal Treatment/Veterinary use
There is a small detached building adjacent to the Kennel Block and opposite the Reception/Visitors centre, which was originally used as a food preparation/kitchen/store area. This has now been moved into parts of the main housing. The vacant building is in an ideal place to be used as an Animal treatment room, short term holding and separation area and for visiting Vets to use when necessary. It will be for the necessary health assessment and triage of new arrivals. The staff will also use it for examination of injuries, signs of suffering, vaccinations and administration of parasite treatments etc. Previously this work has been carried out in any clear area that can be found at the time. This room would also give a separate clean and secure environment in which to store medicines and medical supplies.
Scope of work and Proposed Project Description
The structure of the walls and roof are sound, however, the following requires making good or replacing:-
1. Remove and replace existing door with new secure UPVC door.
2. Remove and replace two windows with new UPVC double-glazed windows.
3. Block up old doorway and fit small UPVC double-glazed window into upper half.
4. Seal and make safe Asbestos Roof.
5. Fit roof insulation and ceiling boards.
6. Refit broken floor tiles.
7. Establish electrical power supply, clean and test.
8. Replace lighting with new strip lighting and provide extra power points.
9. Fit new wall tiles a third up of the walls.
10. Remove old sink unit, fit new wash hand basin and taps and extention for the fitting of a dog wash unit.
11.Fit hot water system – 6mtr tower, cold & hot water cylinder and solar panels.
12.Rebuild of existing drainage system.
13. Remove old paint from existing interior and exterior and make good new with rubberised paint.
14. Supply and fit Air Conditioning/Heating unit.
15. Supply and fit two 3metre lengths of floor cupboards with worktop and two 3metre lengths of wall cupboards.
Total costs to include all materials and labour: £5,360
Supplying Equipment, Veterinary products and supplies.
(Phase 2 will be costed out once Phase 1 is up and running).
We have already begun with some of the work whilst we had contractors on site and to make the building more secure but the payment for the work is still outstanding.
We would hope to have phase one of the project completed and fully operational within four weeks of the funding being in place.
A plaque will be placed on the building naming all those who have kindly donated towards the project.
Please contact the KAR office for further information.
Please help if you can.
You can donate any amount by:
- Visting our office at Karakum, Girne
- Pay into our UK Bank Account
Kyrenia Animal Rescue. Sort code: 40-21-02, Account No: 11364812, IBAN
No: GB57MIDL4021136812 BIC No: MISLGB2131B.
Please put ‘Vet clinic’ as your reference and email us with the details.